Monday, June 19, 2006

A 22 hour JOURNEY to Washington!


Not another tunnel! Along our 22 hour train ride, the brochure said that there are 21 tunnels that the train passes thru. The tunnels are really dark and make a lot of noise.

This picture was very difficult to capture, the one and only time it seemed that the train broke a speed over 5 miles per hour. I was kinda glad that we did travel thru Portland, Oregon a bit faster than other cities, as there was a lot of nasty nasty along the tracks. The bridge was beautiful to over look the water and it was getting close to sunset.

Here is Jake and I sitting on the train, this picture was taking shortly after we woke up on the train. It was hard to be enthused a whole lot considering we had just found out that we were already running about 2 hours behind.

This beautiful picture was taken shortly after we started going into Oregon, I really enjoyed the scenery, during the times that I could stay awake. Jacob really enjoyed going into the lounge cart which is full of windows and a great way to look at the scenery. They also showed two movies during the last 7 or 8 hours of the train ride. At least they showed a good movie, Shrek!!!

Other than the duration of the trip and Jake getting the comfortable seat while we slept the train ride wasn't all that bad. I enjoyed spending time with Jake before I wanted to strangle him.

5 comments:

mrammyteresa said...

how funny it is... good pic of jacob though. hay are you going to do this again maybe you can take all 4 boys and the time will go faster for you....or then again maybe not. love you hope your having fun

mrammyteresa said...

DANICA I SHOWED THIS PAGE TO YOUR AUNT SHANNA AND SHE LOVES THE PIC OF YOU KISSING @SS. SHOWED IT TO EVERY ONE ANY WAY GUESS WHAT SHE LOVES MONKEYS TOO SHE SAID THAT YOU AND HER HAVE ALOT IN COMMON. GO FIGURE

Luanne said...

Sorry the train ride was slow, long, and delayed. The scenery is fantastic though. Great photos!

Sarah said...

come on I know you have more pictures than those taken on the train!!

Diana said...

Bummer that I didn't get to meet you. Hopefully next time. Glad you had a good trip other than the train ride. The scenery is beautiful.