So, I had a Dr. Appointment yesterday and everything went well. This time I didn't get upset and frustrated and have a very hard winded conversation with the Dr. I just simply let him do his job and trust that my baby and I are in good hands. Anyways, each time I go to the Dr. they take a Urine sample, Blood Pressure, Fetal Heartbeat and a measurement of my stomach growth. Everything is just fine other than I can't decide if it is a good or bad thing when the Dr. looks at you after doing all these things and says with a loud expression "Wow, quite a BIG growth spurt these last two weeks, huh?" I only have two explanations for why that might have happened: One, if I don't eat something at least every hour to two hours I get a headache and a stomach ache; and Two, in those two weeks was Thanksgiving, what pregnant lady can resist Cheesecake, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Apple Crisp. And those are just the desserts, add in all the Turkey, stuffing, mashed patatoes, cranberry, etc. So, that is my explanation for the 7 pound weight gain and 3-4 cm stomach growth. I suppose for the health of the baby I can afford to gain those pounds in the last month or two. It's not like I don't get my exercise walking in the freezing cold nights up and down the driveway, but this tummy really feels like it is getting out there. Unlike other pregnant women that I have seen, my stomach is going straight out rather than up or down. Thanks for sticking with my boring blog and reading these long posts...
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Drs can make you feel so weird. It is very common to gain the majority of the weight at the end. The baby is gaining more weight and yes it is hard not to eat when you feel ill if you don't. Too bad those male Drs can't be pregnant the last 2 months-they would drop their scowls and get an "I get it" look on their faces. Wish that card was working so we could see the baby standing straight out from your belly! Glad you are doing so well!!
Post a Comment